We will have NO Thursday Meetings / or board meetings until further notice from the Georgia Department of Public Safety and president burton carter.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
There are 13,315 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Georgia and 464 deaths, according to the Georgia Department of Public Health. This makes Georgia 11th in the list of states with the most US coronavirus cases. Georgia governor Brian Kemp issued a stay-at-home order on April 1. Georgia’s first two cases of COVID-19 were residents of Fulton County who lived in the same household. We are still under the SHELTER-IN-PLACE QUARANTINE; people are to STAY SAFE, WEAR MASK, USE GLOVES and STAY 6 FEET APART in order to gain control of this virus. Most people are taking these precautions seriously, to those who are not SHAME ON YOU!
We can only gain ground on this virus if everyone does as they are supposed to do. Most importantly PRAY! ONE FOR ANOTHER.
APRIL youth of the MONTH
Anne lin It is with much enthusiasm that I introduce to you, Anne Lin. Anne is the daughter of Chang Hui Lin and Ling Chen. She is currently ranked 1st out of 340 Ware County High School seniors. Anne’s Activities/Honors at WCHS include:
- “A” Honor Roll 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Beta Club 10th, 11th (Community Service Coordinator),12th (President)
- National Honor Society 11th, 12th (Vice-President)
- FBLA 9th, 10th, 11th (Vice-President), 12th (Vice-President)
- 1st Place Region for Business Communication
- 3rd Place State and National Qualifier for Business Communications
- 1st Place Region for Computer Applications
- 8th Place State for Computer Applications
- 5th Place State for Computer Applications
- 2nd Place State for Battle of the Chapters
- Statesman Award Winner
- Waycross Bank & Trust Junior Board Member 11th, 12th
- Math Team 11th, 12th
- 3rd Place Team at SGSC Math Tournament
- Academic Quiz Bowl 9th
- Advanced Chorus 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Soprano Section Leader
- Acapella Choir
- All-State Reading Chorus
- Outstanding Rookie Award
- Robert Shaw Award
- Music USA Festivals Grand Champions-Soprano Member
- Student Council 9th
- Track and Field 9th, 10th
- Cross Country 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Yale Book Award 11th
- University of Georgia Certificate of Merit 11th
- Presbyterian College Junior Fellow Scholar 11th
- Governor’s Honors Program Math Semi-finalist 11th
Anne has been involved in a number of community activities including:
- Volunteering at the Hebrew Center for cleanup.
- Volunteering at various hurricane shelters.
- Volunteering at Southern Forest World Fall Festival.
- Volunteering ringing the bell for the Salvation Army.
- Collecting items for the Childhood Cancer Awareness Drive.
- Creating a fundraiser for March of Dimes.
- Volunteering at various can food drives.
- Gathering toiletries and other items for House of Hope, Magnolia House, and hurricane relief shelters.
- Gathering school supplies for students within our community.
- Serving as Service Event Coordinator for the Beta Club where we completed a long term service project called Project Beta. This project assisted students leaving for college in offsetting costs for college by providing needed school and dorm supplies.
After graduation from Ware County High School, Anne is not sure of which college she will attend at this time. She does want to major in Architecture and /or Civil Engineering.